In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Northeast Harbor Public Library

St. Mary's-by-the-Sea, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1900

Contributed by Northeast Harbor Library
MMN Item 79472 Item Details
St. Mary's-by-the-Sea, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1900
MMN Item 79472 Zoom

Description

This image shows the church St. Mary's-by-the-Sea located in Northeast Harbor from the early 1900s.

St. Mary's-by-the-Sea is a Gothic Revival stone church that was designed by Henry Vaughan, of Boston, and built by local contractor J. H. Soulis. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is located at the corner of Kimbal Road and South Shore Road. It is open during the summer.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.